Let’s focus on the mixed-media part of mixed-media, interactive stories. As we walk down this road, we look at all the different ways a story can be mixed-media: music, images, photography, collage, and the like. Invariably, these stories will include some visual component.
If we are going to include visual storytelling, its important to do it right. Now I can’t draw a straight line to save my life, but that doesn’t stop me from collaborating with those who do. It helps to speak the language; to understand the ground rules.
The folks over at blenderguru.com have created a fantastic tutorial video on the basic rules of composition.
What You”™ll Learn
- Why a lack of composition knowledge can undermine your efforts
- The 3 stages of a well composed image
- The most common mistake artists make
- Simple rules to create more engaging artwork
Be sure to check out the original, especially the comments section. They can be very enlightening 🙂
Latest posts by Chris Michaels (see all)
- What to Ask After An Offer of Representation (by an Agent) - September 1, 2017
- Learnings from Comicpalooza - August 18, 2017
- Resources for Educational Storytelling - August 1, 2017