This is a fantastic list of resources for teachers (and everyone else) who wants to start dabbling in Differentiated Instruction and Personalized Learning.
Differentiation, the ability for teachers to meet the needs of a variety of learners, is a key component for successful teaching. While there are lots of ways this can be done and lots of tools that educators can use to accomplish this, there are many sites that can help facilitate the process. This list is in alphabetical order.
- BrainNook – A wonderful site/apps for Math and Language Arts that generates detailed common-core aligned reports allowing educators to set assignments targeting students weak areas or areas for improvement.
- Clever Island – A fantastic site that covers a wide range of subjects: Math, Reading, Science, etc. Also, CI is geared for students to learn at their own pace as well adapt to children’s different learning styles.
- Gummii – An innovative site (private alpha)/app for different areas of Math (fractions, addition, subtraction). Gummi immerses students into a educational 3D world (similar to Minecraft) where they solve mathematical equations tailored to differentiated instruction.
Latest posts by Chris Michaels (see all)
- What to Ask After An Offer of Representation (by an Agent) - September 1, 2017
- Learnings from Comicpalooza - August 18, 2017
- Resources for Educational Storytelling - August 1, 2017