Virtual reality is coming of age, and it’s really great stuff. Everyone seems to see the benefit in gaming, computers, and research simulation, but a small group see VR revolutionizing the film industry. Imagine being able to immerse yourself in a movie. Not a computer-animated film, but a photo-captured story.
These innovators at the Sundance Festival are talking about just that, and asking some big questions:
- What does the future of film look like?
- How much agency does the audience want?
- How can filmakers adapt their craft in an immersive world?
- And a lot more.
The video is almost an hour long, but even the first 10 minutes is worth a look.
Latest posts by Chris Michaels (see all)
- What to Ask After An Offer of Representation (by an Agent) - September 1, 2017
- Learnings from Comicpalooza - August 18, 2017
- Resources for Educational Storytelling - August 1, 2017